Writing an Original Bill Gates Essay
Bill Gates is one of the most influential, famous men in the world. We’re not talking about the kind of “influential” that doesn’t influence your everyday life directly (or at all). Bill Gates—along with Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and others—have changed technology in so many ways it’s almost impossible to list them all.
Writing an essay about Bill Gates is pretty easy. The subject itself contributes to the bulk of the ease of difficulty here. Once topics of discussion have been gathered via research all that would be left is pulling everything together. If your essay is informative in nature it will be even easier to write up as the pacing will write itself you’re starting with Gates’ beginnings or even if you’re focusing on his career.
Below are some topics to touch on when doing an original essay on Bill Gates.
- Bill Gates’ first interaction with computers and technology in the late 1960s.
- Working with Computer Center Corporation to find errors and bugs in code from 1968 to 1970.
- Forming Microsoft while in Harvard.
- Gates’ role in the history of Microsoft.
- Gates’ contributions and ventures outside of Microsoft. Donations, grants, foundations, think tanks etc. would be included in this.
- Gates’ crossover appeal in popular culture.
The bulk of your essay should focus on his career with his contributes and ventures as well as his crossover appearances in popular culture topping off the meat of the essay. Due to the nature of Bill Gates’ career, there will be some terms that very technical such as:
- Company names
- Specific models of computers
- Programming language
- Business terms
The best way around these are to research what they mean and make a layman’s term for them. In some cases the layman’s term will be available. If your reader is very familiar with Bill Gates’ field—or even in the technology field—then you can go into greater detail with definitions of these terms.
At the end of your essay you’ll want to reiterate Bill Gates’ accomplishments for your reader and close with his legacy:
- Where has Microsoft gone since Bill Gates left everyday operations? What technologies are they involved in now?
- What are Microsoft’s programs used in today?
- How has Windows changed the way computers operate overall?
- Bill Gates’ charity activity beyond Microsoft.
If you are able to touch on some or all of these, your essay will have a solid flow. As stated above, Bill Gates’ career and the path it took pretty much wrote your essay, you just have to put it all together and pace it.